Monday, April 30, 2012

MUA Lip Boom By Alexandra Burke


Hey Beauties,

If you could name one celebrity that you admire who wears the best lipstick shades around, who would it be? I can tell you mine…its Alexandra Burke! Not only is Alexandra a world class global star, singer and X Factor babe, she is now a lipstick designer and can you guess who for? The one and only MUA!


 
Yes that’s right MUA have teamed up with Alexandra Burke to produce and design collaboration for the range of Lip Booms which are like nothing else on the High Street.
 
This is what Alexandra has to say about Lip Boom; “I am excited to launch my very own lipstick range ‘Lip boom’. My lipsticks are an array of vibrant colours and reflective of my personality. The names of colours speak for themselves. Always be you, always be vibrant!”


The Lip Boom consists of a two in one lipstick and gloss with a lipstick on one end and a highlighting gloss on the other end of the tube. The Lip Boom comes in eight shades chosen by Alexandra herself with 'ok.com, Vibe, O.MG, Cheeky, Doin' Good, Bring It, It's A Situation, LMK (Let Me Know).
Lip Boom aims to create a fuller, curvaceous lip, use alone or all together for a striking gorgeous look! Let’s try some out beauties…

MUA Lip Boom In Shade O.M.G

The packaging is unique and different for which I love but it still has the world famous MUA format on the tube. I love love love Alexandra’s facial expression on this package as the lipstick seems to have a fun cute vibe.
When first looking at this lipstick I thought thank you makeup heaven! I have been desperately looking for a shade of pink that was not too dull or too bright, and this shade O.M.G is a perfect match.
When I first opened the lipstick compartment I was excited to see that the lipstick shade is very pigmented and once applied it glided on with grace. The texture to O.M.G is soft and with the lipstick being so soft it is easy to wipe off if you make a mistake. There is also a beautiful fragrance of Vanilla in all three of the lipsticks.


Now the glitter and highlighting gloss… I found with this lipstick it was an added bonus to having the gloss, I applied it to the centre of my lips and my cupids bow. 


I think I will wear this lipstick when I go out for special occasions and alike. The lipstick can only be summed up in one world really and that is O.M.G!


For this lipstick I prefer the lipstick and gloss to be used together rather than alone.
MUA Lip Boom In Shade Vibe
 

Once again I think Alexandra’s facial expression matches the lipstick, it is not too try hard but you can imagine an effortless career woman wearing this shade.
Although I loved the shade and look of the Vibe Lip Boom I wasn’t too sure whether it would have suited me as I am pale skinned, but how wrong was I? Vibe suited me the best and once again the pigmentation and texture was creamy.


The highlighting gloss was a really added bonus as it made my lips stand out even more for extra confidence. I like to wear the gloss alone also for dress down days.

I ended up wearing Vibe for five hours afterwards without any smudging and lots of compliments! What can I say? It gave off a vibe!


This is my favourite shade so far.
MUA Lip Boom In Shade It’s a Situation

Alexandra looks so confident on this package that it’s hard not to feel confident yourself.

I was a little hesitant to try this shade as it is such a bold colour but for the love of beauty I gave this colour a go.


The lipstick is a deep shaded purple which is very striking but however the highlighting lip gloss is a cooler tone of purple.

 Overall I am sooo excited that MUA has produced another smash hit beauty product! The new Lip Boom is a fabulous edition to your makeup collection.


Beauties do you like the look of the Lip Booms, if so what shade do you like? Let me know…
MUA Lip Boom will retail in Superdrug from May 9th 2012 and on www.muastore.co.uk for £3.00 each.
XOXO


I would like to thank MUA for giving me a chance to try these three great Lip Booms.

4 comments:

ColourByMakeup said...

These look awesome! I've never tried any MUA products besides their eye primer which I love, I really want to get more of their stuff :) don't really like the names of the lipsticks though :/

http://colourbymakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

Laura said...

I think the MUA products are always good and like you im glad they have this fabulous new range with all the new gorgeous colours..I was a really interesting read :)
laura x
shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

Alifeinbeautyam said...

Hi Zoe :)

Yes thier products are great :)

Thanks for commenting :)

xoxo

Alifeinbeautyam said...

Hi Laura,

Yes its an exciting line :)

That means alot thank you :)

xoxo