Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dior Skin Flash Radiance Booster Pen


Hey Beauties,

What do you think about Dior cosmetics?

As well as Dior creating beautiful clothes, shoes, handbags, and sunglasses to name but a few, but have you tried their cosmetics?
I personally love Dior artistic dresses and makeup, so it only makes sense that they have a wide range of makeup and selection of skincare also. The ingredients, texture, colour and pigmentation to the makeup is so soft it’s hard not to fall in love with them.

I have been lusting over the Dior Clutch Palette but at £60 I can't justify it at this moment in time…yet a beauty can dream.

So after having some Dior makeup for Christmas I hadn't yet got round to trying mine, so today I tried this;

Dior Skin Flash Radiance Booster Pen in shade 001 £26

·        Skin Flash professional light works in one stroke, diminishes shadows and imperfections

·        Sculpts and redefines face contours

·        Provides maximum radiance instantly

·        Use anytime on bare skin or over makeup

This was very exciting news as I like to have a brighter completion as I’m pale skinned so this seemed perfect.

Packaging


·        The pen comes in a blue velvet pouch to fit the pen with CD embossed on it

·        The pen is silver with a chrome finish

·        CD initials once again and Dior written a couple of times on the lid

·        On the top of the lid there is another CD with a detachable lid

·        To get the product out you need to clockwise turn at the bottom of the pen

The Product

·        Brush is small and pointed

·        There is a fragrance to it I can't quite recognise it however

·        This shade is 001 so it is light looks wise

·        It is soft and very pigmented

·        When applied to my brow bone and under my eyes it appears to be quite clumpy and you need to blend it in very well

·        Unless blended well it can look kind of “cakey” so to stop this I put it on my skin before my foundation, then once the foundation is on it blends in well

·        It lasted me eight hours overall

Verdict
Overall the Dior Radiance Booster Pen has a lovely tone to it and does make your skin and eyes look brighter, but this product needs a lot of work in terms of blending it in, it is not a product you can just slap on and go and does work better on your skin before your foundation.

I love the packaging it makes me feel special and the blue velvet pouch keeps the pen from getting chipped and dented in my bag so that is a huge plus for me.

Saying that at its price of £26.00 I think I will use this on special occasions and when I feel I need it. I would buy it again but there are a lot of other highlighters out there that can do the same as this for a more purse-friendly budget.

Beauties what do you think of the Dior Radiance Booster Pen? Have you tried it? Or are going to after this review? Let me know beauties…

XOXO



No comments: