Sunday, November 18, 2012

The World's Best Known...Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream


Hey Beauties,

What is the one product internationally known for delivering everything it says it claims too and is trusted worldwide?

For me that product is Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream.
 
I have lusted after this staple for four years and finally plucked up the courage to buy this gem three weeks ago and have since never looked back.

Created by Elizabeth Arden in 1930 Eight Hour Cream success sky rocketed and along with many other skin care and makeup products created by Elizabeth became best known for this little beauty.

Elizabeth Eight Hour Cream aims and succeeds to work wonders on moisturising and protecting parts of the body that you may choose. In particular it can be used to shape brows, revitalise shine, and soothe dry hands, smooth cuticles and nails. It also works for symptoms of the skin such as chapping, peeling, flaking due to minor burns sunburn, windburn, scrapes, abrasions and cracked lips.
 

Whew that is a lot of symptoms this cream can re-store and cure!

I was so happy when I purchased this that I had to test it out ASAP (I choose the fragrance free edition of this cream as scents can put me off a product) and immediately applied it to my face and lips. I was surprised to see that the cream was more of a gelatin (jelly like) form and not so much as a smooth cream and the colour of it was orange!

As I applied I soon discovered that a little bit of this goes a long way! I applied too much in fact and needed to blend it all in. It can feel quite sticky when you apply it but it soon sinks into the skin and gives you a glow, which made me cheer to myself. It looked like I had applied HD makeup to my face to give me a glow. I applied the cream to my face with makeup on firstly then without makeup and the difference is immense on both counts.

With or without makeup this gives you a glow and protects your skin. I had a few blemishes on my skin (and that was one of the reasons I bought this I wanted to see if it would help get my skin restored and prevent breakouts) but never had I imagined this to happen! My spots cleared up and my skin looked fabulous!
 

As for application on my lips it goes without saying after an hour it sorted my dry cracked lips out!

In terms of packaging it really is something special. I love the signature Elizabeth Arden ‘Red Door’ on the top of the tube and most importantly the figure of eights on the bottom of the lid.

I have had my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream for three weeks now and I can safely say it is a staple that will be retuning. So far I have used only 10% of the cream. It may be a little pricey but it’s worth its weight in gold to achieve the beautiful sheen and shine to the skin and hey if I burn myself cooking now I know who I can rely on for a little TLC…

Beauties have you tried Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream? Or want to try it? Let me know beauties…

xoxo

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love this stuff. It helps with so much and the unscented version is much better than the original as scents can put me off a product too. I haven't got any at the moment bit hoping for a Christmas stocking treat!

Laura xo
Whatlauradid.com