Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Holy Grail Foundation YSL Touche Eclat

Hey Beauties,

So as you know I have always been on a mission to find my holy grail foundation (along with my eyeliner mission) and after a hundred (yep there's been a few foundations) I have finally found the one and it comes in the form of...

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation 30ml £28.00


 
Yes beauties this is my holy. grail. never. have. to. buy. another. foundation. besides. this. one. in. my. life. foundation. I know this came out a little while ago so you have probably seen thousands of posts on it but I just wanted to add to the ever growing reviews and rave about this.

Touche Eclat Foundation has been in the pipeline for 20 years. As the success of the Touche Eclat Highlighter pen become more popular day by day women across the world begged for a foundation to match. Luckily they have made one.

YSL Touche Eclat foundation is available in 22 shades and I am shade B10.



I went to the YSL counter to try this foundation after research and research on it I knew this foundation would work for me. I have never been the type of woman to cake my face in foundation and like a natural base and thank makeup heaven this does the job for me.

One squirt is enough to cover the whole face and works best when applied with a brush. This can differ depending on your preference but I prefer to use a brush for a more hd effect. You can use a powder on top of this foundation but this defeats the point of this foundation as a fresh dewy look.

The only thing I use under the foundation is a Chanel Primer and over it a Chanel blush. The foundation itself feels very light on the skin and smells of a light leaf mint. The fragrance doesn't last long only briefly so it's not annoying.


Once applied and buffed into the skin it looks and feels amazing! I have had so many compliments saying how fresh faced I looked.

The downsides to this product is that it this foundation won't cover up your spots so I wouldn't recommend it for spot prone skin. Unfortunately it doesn't have an SPF in it also which was a little bit of a shock to me but can be justified by the overall look of the foundation once applied to the face.



The packaging is beautiful and is one of the best parts to it. It comes in a GLASS bottle with gold writing and the famous YSL logo on the top with red writing. I just want to collect all the shades just for the bottles and store the on my vanity table.

Overall I will give it 9/10 and will be re-purchasing it time and time again. Beauties have you tried the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation? Are you a fan or not? Let me know beauties...

XOXO

2 comments:

The Style Khaleesi said...

I sooo want to try this! It is on my ever-growing wish list haha xox

The Style Khaleesi

Alifeinbeautyam said...

Hey :)

It's well worth the money and is so luxiouris.

Thanks for commenting :)

xoxo