Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Interview: Amelia At Liana Beauty

Hey Beauties,

I am sure this Beauty Blogger doesn't need any introduction...

Amelia at Liana Beauty http://liana-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/


Amelia's high powered blog with amazing picture quality, written reviews and pretty products galore, Amelia is one of a kind in the mix of Beauty Bloggers on the web. Amelia took some time out of her very very very busy schedule to talk to Alifeinbeautyam.

  • So when did you create your blog and why did you decide to create a blog?

LB:I started my blog almost a year ago now! Friends would always come and ask me advice on my smokey eye makeup, how I achieved volume in my naturally flat hair and what mascara made my lashes appear so long. This inspired me to have a place with odes to my favourite products that everyone could read.

  • What goes into your Blog?

LB:My blog is primarily makeup focused, but I do throw a little bit of fashion and photography into the mix. I feature everything from how-ta it is to reviews to a new product release!



  • What do you like to write about on your blog and who is it aimed at?

LB: I love writing odes to my favourite products – it just makes me love them that bit more! It’s aimed girls who are interested in anything beauty related!

  • What do you love about blogging?

LB: A definite highlight of blogging is when I receive an email, tweet or message from a reader telling me that they love a product I recommended or in general saying they enjoy my blog. It puts the biggest smile on my face!


  • How has Blogging affected your life? This year you won a Cosmopolitan award, was part of LFW and was featured as a L’oreal Paris model on shoot for which you shared your stories of this to your readers on your blog. Do you feel blogging helped you with these experiences?

LB: It has definitely taught me how to time manage! At the end of the day it’s your blog and your time so you have to do what’s right for you. Blogging definitely opens up doors to new opportunities that wouldn’t occur if I didn’t have a blog so for that I’m very grateful.


  • What has been the biggest achievement with your blog?


LB: Meeting people I admire like Frederic Fekkai and Trish McEvoy who have created life changing products. It was particularly interesting hearing from Trish about how her award winning brush range started. She decided there were no brushes available that were perfect for her so cut up her existing brushes to the exact shape, length and size she desired.

Ask the Beauty

  • What are your favourite Skin Care products that you use?

LB: Balance Me Skin Hydrating Face Mist, Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask and Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturiser

  • What are your favourite Makeup products that you use?

LB: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Mac Factor False Lash Effect and Mac Style Blush

  • What style of Makeup do you like?


LB: Smokey eyes are usually my favourite as they are the feature I like to play up the most

  • Do you have any Beauty tips to share with us?

LB: Don’t over pluck your eyebrows – sometimes they never grow back! (guilty!)

  • What was your favourite products of 2012?
LB: Some of my favourites included Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, L’Oreal Infalliable Eyeshadows and Clinique Chubby Stick Intense

Amelia behind the Blog

  • How do you style your hair/makeup every day?

LB: I’ll leave my hair pretty straight! Maybe tong the ends a little bit using my Enrapture Encode Totem Styler.

  • What store brands do you like?

LB: I’ve never met a Giorgio Armani product I didn’t like! Their mascaras, concealers and foundations are all fantastic.

  • What hobbies do you have?


LB: I love horse riding!

I would like to say a big Thank You to Amelia for taking the time out to do this interview. To find out more about Amelia and her blog Liana Beauty please visit liana-beauty.blogspot.com.

XOXO



2 comments:

Lisa Stover said...

This is a dream interview of any beauty blogger, congrats! You did an awesome job as an interviewer, hope to see some more works like this in the future.

Robin @ toxicbeautyblog.com said...

I think it's wonderful for bloggers to feature other bloggers. It's only going to be good for both of you! And it was a great interview!