Sunday, June 02, 2013

Lipstick Series Part 2 - Lara Berra Amazing PR

Hey Beauties,
 
Today is part 2 of Alifeinbeautyam's Lipstick Series featuring Lara Berra who is just as obsessed with Lipsticks as I am (I feel like she is my long lost twin) from Amazing PR, take it away Lara...
 
 
I have a thing for lipsticks; my friends, family and co-workers know it… my collection of 50 lipsticks is proof. My first ever true red lipstick was by Margaret Astor and I remember I bought it when I was 16 – I applied it just after leaving the shop and it made me feel amazing. My love for bold lips was born that day; and the lipsticks that I’ve chosen for this feature will show that after many years, I still love wearing a statement lip… although there’s a nude lippie in this selection.
 
MAC - Hue
 
The only nude lipstick that I can wear without looking sick or dead. It’s a beautiful milky pink lipstick. I apply it directly from the bullet and pat it with my ring finger to make it look a bit more sheer. I love wearing this with my signature flicked black liner.
 
No7 Stay Perfect – Gay Geranium
 
I love wearing orangey reds during the spring and summer. This colour is stunning – it’s a bit more orange than red and it’s a true matte. The staying power is this range is truly remarkable; however, the formula can be very drying and a bit flaky!
 
 
Topshop – Rio Rio

 
My go-to bold lipstick at the moment. The formula is beautiful, matte but not drying and very long-lasting. More on the red side of the spectrum than the No7. I love wearing this with my usual 5 coats of mascara – no blush, no bronzer. Big lashes and beautiful red matte lips. I’m curious about Infrared, although it’s not that matte, it’s creamier.
 
YSL Glossy Stain - #11
 
Miss WengYee (colleague of mine at Amazing PR) showed up at the office with this gem on her lips. I had to know what she was wearing; and of course, once she told me I had to buy it. I’ve never been a big fan of pinks, as in, bold pinks. I don’t think they suit my style. But this one is another story. It’s the perfect balance between a fuchsia and a classic red. The formula of these YSL Stains is just perfect: glossy-nut-not-too-glossy and they stain your lips beautifully. Shade #11 is the colour I describe as “this makes me look super healthy” – it adds a lovely glow to my complexion.
 
 
 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain – 040 Rendez-Vous
 
Then again, another orange… how original. This Revlon Balm Stains are perfect for lazy days, they’re moisturising and the colour stays on forever. When the moisturising effect fades I tend to reach for my trusty NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm and tap it on top. Honey is another good shade, a perfect my lips but better shade.
 
So here you have it beauties an insight to yet another Lipstick Lover at Amazing PR. Stay tuned for WengYee's current Lipstick obsessions next week!
 
xoxo

No comments: